Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May showers, two knots and a dress of polka dots








(dress-thrifted, blouse-xhiliration, boots-blowfish malibu)


It's late May, and where I live that means the hurricane season, tornado watches, rain, and humidity. As a child I loved this weather-when it was hot and muggy yet rainy and I could frolic outside for as long as I wanted, getting drenched under the torrents of rain and jumping into puddles. As an adult, these types of days, although still beautiful, make me cringe. These are the days I dash from car to class, hoping to not get too drenched. These are also the days when the little frizzy, curly ends of my hair pop out of my braids, making them look as if I've had them in for weeks on end rather than having recently spent 24-30 hours carefully working on them. Ugh. Thankfully, the downpour turned into a drizzle, giving me just enough time  to snap these.

love,
purple bananas and fudgeballs

1 comment:

  1. love that look, i will be definitely trying that out in the future

    ReplyDelete

I read all of the comments and appreciate them whether I agree with them or not. #freespeech lol