Friday, August 31, 2012

A Bit Meshy



(skirt-diy thrift, mesh tank-r21, tights-r21, bow-diy, converse-diy thrift mesh gloves-r21, glasses-claires)

Today was super duper hot, so I decided to wear as little clothes as possible, but....I thrifted this blue basebally-jacket, and couldn't wait to wear it, so I pulled that over everything. Granted, it came off after an hour or two..it's so fucking hot outside. With the skirt, I was trying to do something similar to Rihanna's custom made denim skirt in her We Found Love video (god, I want every single piece she's wearing in that video)! Rihanna's skirt was from the Jeremy Scott Spring 2012 collection, but god knows I can't afford that, so I took a stab at creating my own.  It didn't come out exactly as I'd hoped, but I was pretty satisfied with it. I'll try again, soon, and hopefully it'll come out better. Of course, if you can afford designer wear, you can find Jeremy Scott's collection at Opening Ceremony or on his website Jeremy Scott .  I looooooooooooove him. I think he's my new favorite designer!!!!

Oh, and if you didn't know, my blog was mentioned on xoJane as being a fashion blog 'totally worth checking out'! Woohooo. You can read the article here

love,
purple bananas and fudgeballs

5 comments:

  1. Totally love this sporty chic styling! You look great.

    www.kristellouisa.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous styling, incredibly fresh and confident outfit. I actually came across your blog through your very thought out comment on the IFB Entitlement post, you seem to know exactly what you want to get out of blogging and what others do too. Hence why I thought, why not see what she has to offer? I've read through a few of your posts just now and I do love your blog, have you got a bloglovin link where I can keep up? I followed your twitter but I don't use twitter half as much as bloglovin. Keep up the good work! Gaby xx
    http://leftmystyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you! I can't remember if I have Bloglovin' or no.

      Delete
  3. Ah, I wish I'd had these great pix of you when I did a style story on Huffington Post about sneakers! Love these!

    ReplyDelete

I read all of the comments and appreciate them whether I agree with them or not. #freespeech lol